Yes, today is a big day for Microsoft and a big day for the IT industry. We launched our full virtualization solution stack today at Meydenbauer Convention Center, Bellevue, WA. For the complete PR coverage, please check out this official MS news release.
Now, customers who want a full end-to-end virtualization solution stack can finally get what they really need, from physical to virtual, from datacenter to desktop, from infrastructure to applications.
There are a few things I’d like to highlight:
· FREE hypervisor – Hyper-V Server SKU will be released in 30 days via web.
· SCVMM 2008 to be released in 30 days. Without a question, VMM is a buzz word of the event. The self-paced lab for VMM has attracted tons of folks who want to try out this highly expected upcoming release.
· MSFT Live Migration will be available in Windows Server 2008 R2 release. BobMu demo’ed this feature live on stage today.
· App-V 4.5 was released last week, and will be included as part of the MDOP 2008 R2.
· There are also numerous partner solutions that build on top of or extend MSFT virtualization technologies to provide more values to our customers.
This is an exciting time for our customers and the virtualization industry.
Get Virtual Now! J