One of my customers is in the TAP program for Windows Vista Service Service Pack 2. They wanted to use SCCM/WSUS to deploy updates to the Vista SP2 Beta clients that they have in production. This is how we got the Vista SP2 updates in WSUS and SCCM:
1. Open the WSUS server console and right click on Updates.
2. Select Import Updates.
3. IE will open the Microsoft Update Catalog at http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx?sku=wsus&version=3.1.6001.65.
4. Search on Vista Beta
5. You should get something like:
6. Only the last two apply to Vista SP2 Beta.
7. Click on Add on each on them and then click on:
8. Click on Import.
9. Wait for the updates to get imported to WSUS.
10. Go to the SCCM Admin Console and force a WSUS sycn. You should see something like this in the wsyncmgr.log:
11. The imported updates will now show up in SCCM and you will be able to deploy them.
In true Bob the Builder fashion from Carlos’ blog : “ One of my customers is in the TAP program for Windows