Getting ramped up on BPOS-S? Already know the services but want more depth? Looking for way to stay up to date about updates to the services? This list is designed to help get started, get deeper, and stay current. These are my picks for the best technical references and resources.
Some content is available to everyone and some is accessible on the Partner Learning Center or https://www.QuickstartOnlineservices.com – our partner portal for BPOS. PARTNERS – quickstartonlineservices.com is THE PLACE to go for depth marketing and technical content.
In other words, this is core content that you cannot be without. You will constantly refer back to it and it needs to be refreshed every month.
Service Descriptions and white papers
Microsoft Online Services Standard Deployment Guide
· Exchange Online Standard
· SharePoint Online Standard
· Office Communications Online Standard
· Blackberry and Mobile Details
· BPOS Team BlogTHE place you will get the latest info on new services, updates and content
· Microsoft Online Service Notifications RSS FeedIf there are problems with the service this is the official notification vehicle.
· Business Productivity Online Suite Onboarding and Discovery Checklist for Partners Partner only resource that details pre-sales discovery detais.
· “How do I” videos – quick and useful, but keep an eye on the dates. Services change regularly, webcasts don’t.
· Getting Your Directory and Mail Content Into Microsoft Online Services: An Overview
· Migration to BPOS
· Microsoft Online Services, the choice of businesses – BPOS or Google
· BPOS 101: Exploring Microsoft Online Services
· Using PowerShell with Microsoft Online Services
· Filtering and Archiving with Exchange Online
· BPOS Administration and Onboarding 1 day online training class:BPOS end to end: Level 100-200
· Administering Exchange Online : 3 hours focus on Exchange Online and
· Administrating SharePoint Online: 3 hours focus on SharePoint Online
· Migration and Onboarding Deep Dive :Best detailed content available on migration and pre-sales discovery. Level 200-400
Then: See Depth Guidance references
· FAQ – quick reference for international availability (at bottom) and other useful topics
· Microsoft Online Services TechCenter on Technet
· BPOS Documentation on Technet
· BPOS Online Help
· Securing Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure: How we do it. Useful info about what goes on tour data center(s). Includes more than BPOS.
· Security in Business Productivity Online Suite. Details on BPOS data center specifically.
· Infrastructure Planning Guides – very good for walking through evaluating on-premise to online migrations.
o SharePoint Online
o Exchange Online
· Developers Guides: what you can and can’t do with web services and BPOS.
· Partners: See the Partner Migration Toolkit : This is a key resource that is not as well known as it should be.
· Speed Testing paper (Guidance for Microsoft Online Services Multinational Customers)
· Network connectivity analysis tool in North America (United States) data center
· Network connectivity analysis tool in Europe (Ireland) data center
· Network connectivity analysis tool in Asia-Pacific (Singapore) data center
· Microsoft Online Services Diagnostic and Logging Support
· Office Communicator for BPOS
· Microsoft Online Sign in Client
· Outlook 2003 Sign in Connector
· Mac Sign in Client
· Migration Tool – 32 bit: Regulalry updated with new powershell capabilities.
· Migration Tool – 64 bit: Regulalry updated with new powershell capabilities.
· Directory Synch