In this episode Blain Barton demos and discusses the features and functionalities found in the Windows Azure Web Site service. We’ll discuss how you can spin up multiple web instances for additional scalability and discuss Shared versus Standard modes. We’ll demonstrate how to create a new website in the Web App Gallery, how to change your theme, post articles, build webpages and other administrative duties as well as discuss how to change your domain name to point to your new Windows Azure website. Whether you are running phpBB, Drupal7, Mediawiki, Django or WordPress or any other “ready-to-go” Open Source Web applications Microsoft’s Web Services in Windows Azure is the first place to start with no coding skills required.
And of course, Tommy Patterson’s Cloudy Thoughts to begin the episode!
- [2:07] Overview of Windows Azure
- [8:54] Website Perspective
- [20:15] DEMO: Windows Azure Web Sites
- [23:45] Building from the Gallery
- [29:55] Configuring WordPress
- [36:05] Auto-scaling
- [44:36] App Gallery & Store
- [46:05] Diagnostics & Log Streaming