Thoughts from the EPS Windows Server Performance Team
Useful Microsoft Blogs
Hello AskPerf Blog readers! We just announced the Beta release of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2. This Service Pack includes all post RTM updates along with a few incremental updates. The SP1 beta will help you:
· Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date
· Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform
· Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time
· Meet your users' demands for greater business mobility
· Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations
· Provide an easier Service Pack deployment model for better IT efficiency
In order to download and install SP1, you must have a valid RTM version of Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 already installed. This beta is intended for the IT Guru, so home users will be out of luck.
To get more information and download SP1 for yourself, please check the following links:
Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta
Windows 7 Server Pack 1 Downloads
NOTE The SP1 Beta does not provide new end-user features, and installation is not supported by Microsoft.
Until next time…