This exciting announcement is about Interactive Media Manager – a SharePoint based application that also integrates with Sivlerlight...
Interactive Media Manager includes components of existing Microsoft solutions such as Windows Workflow Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, InfoPath® XML forms and the newly announced Microsoft Silverlight™, previously called Windows Presentation Foundation Everywhere (WPF/E). Building on the capabilities of Office SharePoint Server 2007, Interactive Media Manager provides the following customizable Web parts that target specific processes within the content production life cycle:
• Media Library serves as a front end in which media content items in the digital asset management system are displayed as thumbnails.
• Media Viewer displays information such as annotations and time codes in Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers format and offers sophisticated, built-in playback controls.
• Media Annotator allows groups of people to collaborate on media assets through video annotations, digital inking and discussions.
• Media Import facilitates the upload of media files and automatically launches associated workflows, such as information-gathering processes.
• Media Cart provides an individualized area for storing media assets that people want to edit themselves or push out to appropriate editors.