In a Windows 64bit system, after you install IE9 64-bit, you will get two IE in the start menu. One is 32-bit, the other is 64-bit.
Some customers reported that they can not open the 64-bit version of IE9, well, there is no problem to open the 32-bit version of IE9 . They said there is no problem to open 64-bit version of IE8 before the upgrade.
The symptom may be the window opens, hangs for a few seconds, and closes itself.
Use the following steps to resolve this problem:
1. Change the option of accelerated graphics:
·Close all windows of Internet Explorer
·Type Internet Options
·Press Enter on your keyboard
·Click the Advanced tab
·Check the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering* box
2. If the above steps didn't work, use the following solution:
- Open registry editor (regedit)
- Go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
- Add a Dword called TabProcGrowth and set its value to 0.
no problems here. 64b RC works fine.
Option 1 worked for me on Vista 64.
In my pc, on win7 ultimate 64 bit, no option is working.