Today we will discuss this IE issue. This is a high page view issue from Technet forum.
Sometimes when browsing website we will get this error message “the tab has been recovered, a problem with this web page caused IE to close and reopen the tab”. Then when you click ok this page will be closed and reopened. This is really annoying us because we don’t know why this is happen and how to avoid it. Some website we think is safe and we really need to browse but IE always pop up this error.
Now we find that most of the reasons why this happens are that we are using one or more non-Microsoft add-ons running inside Internet explorer. These add-ons could be some bank software, video software or adobe flash or some 3rd party software.
To avoid this happen or to find out which add-ons cause this issue, we need to do some troubleshooting.
1. Disable all add-ons
a. Click start button
b. Click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
If disabling all add-ons solves the problem, use the Add-ons Manager to disable all add-ons and then turn them on only as needed until the problem reoccurs. This will allow you to determine which add-on is causing the problem.In Internet Explorer 8, you can disable toolbars by clicking the X on the side of the toolbar. If there are any add-ons associated with the toolbar, a dialog box will be displayed where you can keep or disable the additional add-ons. For more information about add-ons, see Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions.
2. Turn on necessary add-ons
1) Open IE by click start button, and then click Internet Explorer.
2) Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
<!--[if !vml]--> <!--[if !vml]-->
If disabling add-ons doesn't solve the problem, try resetting Internet Explorer back to its default settings. This removes all changes that have been made to Internet Explorer since it was installed, while retaining your favorites and feeds. To reset Internet Explorer back to its default settings, take the following steps:
a. Close all Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows.
b. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
c. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
d. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
<!--[if !vml]--> <!--[if !vml]-->
e. Click Reset.
f. When you are done, click Close, and then click OK.
g. Close Internet Explorer and reopen it for the changes to take effect.
For more information on resetting Internet Explorer settings, please see the following:
Reset Internet Explorer 8 settings
Some links from Technet forum for your reference:
Tried all this, it doesn't work - still have this problem./
Call microsoft they will fix it for you
THIS FIXED IT FOR ME!!! YAY!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
IE8 sucks. Try Mozilla Firefox and you won't have this problem.
I encountered this issue when visiting the Microsoft Update site
What fixed it for me was removing the Microsoft Java VM.
I ONLY disabled the Microsoft Silverlight add-on following this procedure (noting that the add-on date was updated as 1/29/2011...which is when I began having this problem), and this FIXED the problem (as of 2/15/2011).
this popped up for me also same problem. I finally found, I guess it's Ad-Ware called" ADD THIS TOOLBAR" now it didn't show on the browser and it didn't show in the manage addons, but was loaded as a program on the ADDor REMOVE (you know) list of programs. you know I have 3 anti- adware programs that didn't get it ! Don't know where it came from.
I use "REVO UNINSTALLER PRO" which is FREE to remove every piece of this/these crap. Computer is all better now.
It fixed the issue for me.. thanks a lot
i try all this too and nop, not working for me ***!
I followed all the above steps but i did not get any solution. but finally i got the solution for the same problem i want to share this all of you guys.
my lot of thanks to www.techsupportall.com
Please follow these steps to resolve that problem
FOR ANYONE WHO STUMBLES ACROSS THIS POST:
I work in IT and this will drive you crazy, I have solved this problem on some end user pc's by having them uninstall and re-install Microsoft Silverlight, if you have trouble uninstalling or it does not work try this tool, support.microsoft.com/.../2608523 and if that fails try the fix it from here as well support.microsoft.com/.../2438651 (this one will remove almost anything you choose through the Registry automatically) If this fails you need to rebuild the Windows profile, at home, just create a new admin user in control panel and copy over your data, on a domain you have to login to another admin account, delete the profile list reg key at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList (look at the ProfileImagePath to tell which is which) then rename the user profile folder in C:\Users to (userid).old then have them login again to rebuild the profile and then copy data (although if you are on a domain you probably already know this) you can do this at home as well, but it is easier to create a new user in control panel, because you don't have to touch the Registry. PS. Instructions for win 7 only xp is very similar but has a few small differences.
Hope this Helps anyone in the future!
Thanks a lot
Hi, thx for article, I'm not some sort of computer geek, but I use one piece of software that helps me with this, and more similar computer problems. You can download it here
https://ahrefs.com b l checker
Thats good for you https://ahrefs.com">Embroidery Digitizing