If you’ve been waiting for the update that contains the latest hotfixes for Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6 All Languages then your wait is over. Last Friday we a hotfix package that contains the latest hotfixes for Microsoft App-V 4.6 All Languages and that is dated February 2011.
As always, we recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new hotfix release contains all fixes that were included with the previous update package. We recommend that you apply the most recent hotfix release that contains the hotfixes that you want.
This hotfix package addresses the following issues:
- The Application Virtualization Client may cause your computer to stop responding when you shut down a virtual package under certain circumstances.
- The Application Virtualization Client does not stop an application when the ABORTRESULT attribute matches the exit code of the script.
- You have a computer that is running Windows Vista or a newer version of Windows. When you run the vssadmin list shadowstorage command on the Q drive of Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Error: The shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the specified command.
- The Application Virtualization Client may encounter a "0x00000001" Stop error.
- When you try to start an application that contains more than 32 image section headers on a client computer, you receive a "0C-00000042" error.
- When you receive the "Starting launch" message for an application on a terminal server, the application may stop responding, and you must restart the terminal server to resolve this issue.
- Certain virtualized applications that call the GetCurrentProcess method do not operate correctly, and they return the following error message:
ERROR Invalid handle.
For all the latest details and a download link see the following Knowledge Base article:
KB2497486 - Hotfix Package 2 for Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6 All Languages: February 2011
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer
The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/ The WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/ The SCMDM Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mdm/ The ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/ The SCOM 2007 Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/ The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/ The MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/ The DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/ The OOB Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/oob/ The Opalis Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/opalis The Service Manager Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager The AVIcode Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/avicode The System Center Essentials Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials
Will there be a Hotfix Package 2 for the x64 App-V client or is this package applicable on the x64 client aswell?
This package should include files for both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients.
Ok, thanks for answering my question! :)