This post provides general instructions for sequencing Microsoft Office 2007 and multiple languages in order to deploy each language separately from the main package. The outcome of these sequencing steps will provide a minimum of two packages:
1. A core Office 2007 virtualized application.
2. At least one virtualized language pack for Office 2007.
When deployed together by using App-V's Dynamic Suite Composition (DSC) this will allow the virtualized Office 2007 package to match the hosts operating language for the Office Interface, dictionaries, grammar, and all other language changeable components; if more than one virtualized language is deployed the user will be able to switch languages on the fly.
It is assumed throughout this document that all best practices are followed and that the person doing the sequencing is familiar with App-V and sequencing.
Sequence Office 2007 and customize as normal for your organization. A sample recipe can be found here. The following are assumed:
· Office 2007 is sequenced to Q:\off2k7en.001 and is the English core language
· Installation of the components required and configuration is already known.
1. File System: Remove Q:\MSOcache
2. Sequencer Files Tab: Delete VFS\CSIDL_WINDOWS\Installer directory
3. Sequencer Virtual Registry Tab: Delete the following hives:
4. Sequencer Virtual File System Tab: Ensure that no files are present under:
CSIDL_WINDOWS\Installer and SFT_MNT\MSOCache
Sequencing each Office 2007 language pack should be performed on a clean sequencer with the following changes:
· Office 2007 is installed to Q:\off2k7en.001
Note: This should be the same installation configuration as the sequenced version with the exception that this is a native install
· For this document, the French language is assumed and will be deployed to Q:\off2k7fr.001
1. Modify the OSD files to include the following section after the tag “ENVLIST” (items in red are specific to the sequence and shown for reference purposes only)
<DEPENDENCIES><CODEBASE HREF="RTSPS://%server%:322/off2k7fr.001/OfficeMUIName.sft" GUID="06A77DB2-C140-4BFA-B96E-3D54FD10E4EB" SYSGUARDFILE="off2k7fr.001\osguard.cp" MANDATORY="TRUE"/> </DEPENDENCIES>
2. Multiple CODEBASE sections can be added for more languages
3. This change can be scripted and performed dynamically which will allow for web site customization and automation of language deployments.
As always, the normal disclaimers apply and you should thoroughly test any solution before rolling it out in your environment.
Reto Lang & David Hitchen
Overview This post provides general instructions for sequencing Microsoft Office 2007 and multiple languages
Sequencing Microsoft Office 2007 Core with Multiple Language Packs via DSC Feed: The App-V Blog Posted