This may be old news to some of you but if you haven't seen the SoftGrid Documentation Set that we published you'll want to check it out. It's published as Knowledge Base article 940163 and includes the following documents:
• SoftGrid Client Installation Guide (Client_Installation_Guide.pdf)
• SoftGrid Platform Administration Guide (Platform_Admin_Guide.pdf)
• SoftGrid Quick Start Guide (Quick_Start_Guide.pdf )
• SoftGrid Sequencer Installation Guide (Sequencer_Install_Guide.pdf)
• SoftGrid Sequencer Manual (Sequencer_Manual.pdf)
• SoftGrid Server Installation Guide (Server_Install_Guide.pdf)
To obtain these documents, download the SoftGrid_v4.x_Documentation.exe file. Then, double-click the file to extract the documents to a folder on your computer. You can find the actual KB article here.
- J.C. Hornbeck
PingBack from http://www.ditii.com/2007/08/28/microsoft-softgrid-4x-documentation-set/
The KB shows that the article was last reviewed on 19 Jul 07, but after looking at just the first document (SoftGrid Client Installation Guide) I was highly disappointed.
Here's a small list of items overlooked in that review:
- 'Softricity' all over this document (cover sheet & footer)
- Spelling errors (pg 1 - 'individaul SogtGrid')
- Incorrect page headers ('Server Installation Guide')
- Conflicting documentation names (server_install/4.x & client_install/4.x)
- Incorrect screenshot examples (Figure 2)
- Incorrect numbering references (pg 7 - Verifying the Client Installation)
I could keep on going, but...
Can we just get the correct, updated Microsoft SoftGrid 4.x documentation posted instead? <Stepping off soapbox>
Documentation Set for Microsoft SoftGrid 4.x英語版公開
I see over on Matt's blog that we now have a Virtualization Tech Center up on TechNet. Not so pretty,