Following on from my previous posts on Creating a Private Cloud Part 1 and Part 2, System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 (SSP) is now available.
For those who have not read the two posts yet, briefly the System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 (SSP) is a fully supported, partner extensible solution that enables you to dynamically pool, allocate, and manage compute, network and storage resources to deliver a private cloud platform in you datacenter. Installed with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2 the self-service portal consists of three components:
To Learn more about the System Requirements Visit the SSP page on TechNet.
· Automation and Guidance: To assess, plan and design your private cloud foundation infrastructure
· Customer/business unit on-boarding: Automated workflows to onboard business unit IT departments onto to your virtualized shared resource pool
· Dynamic provisioning engine: To rapidly provision virtualized infrastructure in conjunction with System Center and Hyper-V
· Self-Service portal: To empower consumers of IT to request and provision infrastructure for their apps/services
· Partner Extensibility: Enable partners to expose their unique hardware capabilities through familiar Microsoft scripting technologies while providing variety and flexibility to IT
You can download today.
Want more info?
Questions or Comments?
· Feel free to send your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.Microsoft.com/SSP.